Disclaimer

I am neither employed by nor do I speak for the Seventh-day Adventist Church, its administration nor agencies. I'm just one Adventist guy with a studied opinion - more of a watchman on the walls than a voice crying in the wilderness.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Camping Genius: Picking the Perfect Kayak Paddle



Kayaks are rapidly overtaking canoes as the primary hand-propelled watercraft in use on the lakes and rivers of North America. They are the sports cars of the paddling world. If you do take up kayaking, you'll need a good double-bladed paddle, unless, of course, you're like me and prefer a single bladed paddle. Hey, I'm old and I like my comfort.

But if you want to master kayaking, put some thought and effort into finding just the right paddle. I have thoughtfully provided you with a thorough article on types of kayak paddles, proper lengths, balance and blade types. I even provide you with tips on how to tweak your paddle to meet your needs. Nobody tells you about the cold water that will drip down the paddle shaft and pool up in your lap when you're using a double bladed paddle and one end goes way up in the air. I explain about drip rings in the article.

Also, if you're going on a long trip, you'll want to know about feathering. Click on the link below to visit my other website and check out the straight poop on double-bladed paddles.

http://howdyyadewit.blogspot.com/2010/06/pick-perfect-kayak-blade.html#.Wc9QpsaE1eM

© 2017 by Tom King



No comments:

Post a Comment