Disclaimer

I am neither employed by nor do I speak for the Seventh-day Adventist Church, its administration nor agencies. I'm just one Adventist guy with a studied opinion - more of a watchman on the walls than a voice crying in the wilderness.

Friday, May 30, 2014

Christian Manhood: A Man's Purpose

I live, I breathe, I exist by the grace of a God who has called me for a purpose. As my life winds down through it's latter half I find that in searching for that purpose, I may have accidentally accomplished it already.

God may not have had such lofty a purpose for me as I once supposed He did, nor so elevated a place among my fellow humans that I should complain if my accomplishments weren't as grand as I figured they should have been.

Perhaps my purpose was simply to plug up a hole or prop up a pillar at such a time as it was needed. If that's it, I am content that I was there when God required my hands or even, just that one finger!.

© 2014 by Tom King

No comments:

Post a Comment